With the proximity of limestone in the Utrera Mountain Range and making the most of the power of the waters in the Albarran stream and the Manilva River, a series of water mills of Moorish origin appear using water traction. These are of great interest due to the peculiarities in their construction and the availability mechanisms (no longer used) in the milling of agricultural products from all around the area. These mills were concessions from the Duke of Arcos in 1508 and 1512.
There are eight constructions in total, whose names live on: Molino de Arriba or Gorrino; Fabrica de San Pablo, de los Molina or de la Americana; Molino del Gordo; Molino del Madrileño; Molino del Bayo; Molino del Cancon; Molino de la Chica; Molino de Gomez. Molinos
Their individual histories are often the subject of controversies among residents, appearing as their own page of the history of Casares.
Referring to these mills, three appear in the interior of Utrera-Los Baños area, one of which is inhabited (Molino de Cancón) and the others are in ruins (Molinos de la Chica and Molino de Gómez).
Molino de Cancon is the one located highest up in the Albarran stream. Its current appearance has little in common with the original, having been greatly transformed. It still has the water passage and part of the mill.
In the cases of Molino de la Chica and Molino de Gomez, although these buildings are in ruins, a good part of the characteristic elements typical of the 16th century is maintained, with a double water inlet that moves the mechanisms of the milling.